- To carry out and promote trade of sugar and its by-products.
- To represent to Government and other authorities on sugar policy.
- To undertake market studies related to sugar and its by-products.
- ISEC has pioneered export of Indian sugar to new destinations.
- ISEC is the only organization in the country where funds generated through sugar exports are utilized for the welfare of the sugar industry.
- ISEC has been undertaking satellite mapping of the sugarcane crop for the last three years which has helped the industry to correctly estimate the cane acreage and sugar production. The estimates are shared with the Government for framing policy related to sugar.